Proper selection and application of weld technologies for the repair of high-temperature components in piping or equipment is critical to maintaining the high availability and reliability demanded of any processing plants.
For better decision – making, industry personnel responsible for weld repairs of high temperature components should come up to speed on,
- Typical features of welds
- Damage that may affect welds in service and the consequent need for repair
- The excavation design and geometry of full and partial weld repair
- Welding processes
- Welding and post-weld heat treatment(PWHT)requirements of the construction codes
- Performance assessment of weld repairs
- Principles of microstructural control within weldments.
Posted By : DHATCHANAMOORTHY SUBRAMANIAN – MEC@CBE